European Women in Mathematics is an international association of women working in the field of mathematics in Europe. EWM aims at:
- encouraging women to study mathematics
- supporting women in their careers
- providing a meeting place for like-minded people
- promoting scientific communication
- cooperating with groups and organizations with similar goals
- giving prominence and visibility to women mathematicians
- spreading their vision of mathematics and science
Founded in 1986, EWM has several hundred members and coordinators in 33 European countries. Every other year, EWM holds a general meeting and a summer school. A newsletter is published at least twice a year, EWM has a website, a facebook group and an e-mail network EWM-ALL (person in charge Katrin Letschke from the standing committee).
It is also possible to make a donation without becoming member, details here.
If you notice typos, omissions, or mistakes contact us.